After SC’s rap, Centre says may cut down VIP security
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The government had transferred Singh from Ujjain to Bhopal despite the Lokayukta revealing he owned disproportionate assets worth Rs 75 crore. On three occasions, government had suspended senior officials after Income Tax raids but Singh had escaped with a transfer.
Singh is believed to have used his links with a top BJP leader to stay put at one place and allegedly threatened his colleagues.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’