After tyre-burst, bus collides with tempo; bus driver serious
After the tragic accident at Jandiali village on Friday morning, a bus of Syndicate transport company hit a Tata 409 tempo near Katani Kalan on Chandigarh road in the afternoon. While the bus driver suffered serious injuries, the tempo driver and more than 10 passengers suffered minor injuries.
The incident happened when the bus coming from Ludhiana towards Chandigarh reached near Katani Kalan and its tyre towards the driver side burst. After this, the driver lost control of the vehicle and it hit a tempo coming from Katani Kalan towards Chandigarh road.
The bus driver, who suffered serious injuries, was admitted to DMCH. His right arm is stated to have suffered multiple fractures.
More than 10 passengers, who suffered minor injuries, were going to Chandigarh. Chamkaur Singh, chowki incharge of Katani Kalan, said the passengers themselves boarded buses as they were fit after first aid.
Police have so far taken no action against the bus driver as they stated that it was a mere accident as the tyre burst was beyond the driver's control. "So far, we have not recorded statement of the bus driver as he is still under observation of doctors," Singh said.
PWD Minister Sharanjeet Singh Dhillon on Friday morning said there was a strong need to install speed governors inside trucks and buses which could limit their speed upto 70 km and hence accidents due to overspeeding could be avoided.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow