Afzal Guru Hanged: Security tightened in national capital
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A tight security was in place across the city today to ensure that no untoward incident take place in the wake of hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
All the police stations in the city were put on high alert, police sources said.
Additional deployment of forces has been made in minority dominated areas across the city, they said.
Patrolling is being intensified in crowded market areas, railway stations and bus terminals as part of efforts to tighten security.
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said Guru was hanged at 8 AM.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM