Afzal Guru hanging: Shot by paramilitary forces, Ubaid Mushtaq succumbs to injuries
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Ubaid's father is mason by profession and met an accident two months ago at his work place and later spent around 45 days at Sher-e- Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS).
Locals said that when Ubaid's body was laid to rest, his father watched his burial in silence.
"His family is in deep shock, especially his father watched his burial saliently," said his neighbor Javid Ahmad. "The family came to know about his injury an hour after he was hit with bullets. He (Ubaid) was coming from his orchard when the CRPF jawans opened fire on a small group of protestors at marker and then they escaped."
Javid said that neighbors took Ubaid to the Baramulla hospital where from he was referred to Srinagar.
"Though doctors tried to save his life but succumbed at 3 am." Another relative, Abdul Rashid blamed the CRPF for opening fire without any provocation. "It was a small protest and could have handled easily, but, the CRPF men opened fire injuries six youths," he said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held