Watching porn on smartphone, tablet 'easiest way to catch virus', says report
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Watching pornography on a smartphone or tablet is a potentially risky thrill as it is the easiest way to catch a virus on your device, a new study has revealed.
According to a report by Blue Coat, compared to a PC, a user is three times more likely to accidentally download malware when using a mobile device to look up x-rated material.
The web security and optimization company also said that nearly one-quarter of malware on phones and tablets comes from visits to porn sites, the Daily Mail reports.
This study, reported by CNNMoney, claimed that prurient browsing on phones is not that common, adding that less than one percent of all mobile traffic is to pornographic destinations.
Yet the report also states that porn has led to more malware on smartphones and tablets than e-mail spam, malicious websites, and fake apps put together.
According to the paper, Blue Coat claimed that a major part of the problem is the way URLs are displayed on a phone browser, which makes it more difficult for users to tell if the site is legitimate or malicious.
Unlike on a PC or a desktop computer, for example, there is no way to hover over and preview a link for warning signs, it added
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations