Ahead of strike, ICSE reschedules three exams
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
To avoid inconvenience to students due to a nationwide trade union bandh on February 20 and 21, the Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE) board has rescheduled three papers of ISC (class XII) board exams.
Three papers, art paper III, environmental science paper I and environmental education paper 1, scheduled on February 20 and 21 are now rescheduled to February 25 and April 1.
"We had received requests from heads of various schools from across the country since the bandh was announced. Following a meeting we were of the opinion that we should not take any chances," said Gerry Arathoon, chief executive and secretary of Council for ICSE.
While ICSE has rescheduled the examinations, the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) Monday announced it will not reschedule the exams as there are chances the bandh would be called off.
The HSC exams will start from February 21.
"I don't think there is any necessity to reschedule the February 21 exam as of now. The bandh would be called off it seems. Infact rescheduling exam will lead to chaos," said Sarjerao Jadhav, Chairman of MSBSHSE.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’