Air India win Obaidullah Cup
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Last year's runners-up Air India (AI) lifted the International Obaidullah Khan Gold Cup hockey tournament title by defeating holders Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) 4-3 in the final. For Air India, Shivendra Singh and captain Arjun Halappa scored two goals each.
AI attacked from the start, and led 2-1 at the half time. Olympian Shivendra scored in the seventh minute before Halappa doubled the lead for AI in the 24th minute. Four minutes later, Gurjinder Singh reduced the margin for IOC scoring from a penalty corner.
But after the breather Shivendra scored from a penalty corner before Gurjinder converted another set piece to make the scoreline 2-3. In the 59th minute, Halappa scored his second to make the scoreline 4-2 in favour of AI.
Even though Gurjinder completed his hat-trick in the 64th minute, it was not enough for IOC.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM