Air Marshal Rao takes over as new AFMC Commandant
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Air Marshal B Keshav Rao took over as the new Director and Commandant of the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.
A graduate of the AFMC, the air officer was commissioned into the Indian Air Force on March 1, 1976 as a medical officer. He completed his speciality training for MD in general medicine from Bangalore University in 1987 and served as a medical specialist in various service hospitals of the armed forces. He also served as the senior medical officer at a number of air force stations.
Air Marshal Rao brings with him versatility of command and administrative experience, having served as the deputy director of Super Speciality Veterans Hospital, commanded a 410-bed Air Force Hospital in the North East and served as director (Personnel) and principal director (Specialist) at the Air Head Quarters Medical Directorate, a statement issued here said.
In his previous tenures in the rank of Air Vice Marshal he served as the principal medical officer (PMO) at Eastern Air Command and the Western Air Command, responsible for all air force hospitals and medical centres in the respective commands.
Air Marshal Rao is an alumnus of the College of Defence Management (CDM), Secundrabad, from where he completed the Senior Defence Management Course in 2003, and of the prestigious National Defence College, New Delhi, from where he completed the National Security and Strategic Course in 2006. He was consequently awarded an M Phil degree in Strategic Studies with distinction from the Madras University.
He has a keen interest in Quality Management and Accreditation in the Health Services and has also earned his postgraduate diploma in Human Rights from the National Institute of Human Rights. He was awarded the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM) in the year 2009.
The air officer holds a unique distinction in the history of the AFMC as his father late Lt General BDP Rao commanded the college in 1975-1976.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations