Air traffic up 13% on fests, Indigo tops
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Its market share has risen continuously in past six months from 16.2 per cent in May to 20.8 per cent in October.
Among others, Spice Jet carried 8.69 lakh passengers while Jet Airways had 8.24 lakh passengers (18.1 per cent market share), JetLite flew three lakh passengers (6.6 per cent) and Go Air carried 3.47 lakh.
However, the total number of passengers between January to October 2012 fell 2.47 per cent to 483.94 lakh, from 496.19 lakh during the corresponding period of the previous year.
All the airlines together had seen their total traffic decline by about eight per cent or 3.51 lakh passengers during the month of September.
The country's newest scheduled carrier Air Mantra of Religare group, which is operating only two small 17-seater aircraft since July 23 between Amritsar and Chandigarh, flew one hundred travellers in October.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations