Ajmal Kasab enters Mumbai on Wednesday, hanged on same day
Wednesday appears to be a day of significance in the life of Ajmal Kasab, who was hanged today.
It was on a Wednesday that the Pakistani gunman had entered Mumbai along with his nine other Lashker-e-Taiba(LeT) terrorists to carry out the deadly attack.
25-year-old Kasab, the lone surviving gunman in the Mumbai attack, was hanged today -- a Wednesday -- at 7.30 am at Yerwada central jail in prison.
The rubber-inflated boat carrying Kasab and his nine accomplices had arrived at Kolivada colony in Colaba on the evening of November 26, 2008 from where they unleashed a wave of attacks during a 60-hour siege killing 166 people.
Kasab was arrested by Mumbai police at Marine Drive on the same night.
Cine star Anupam Kher, whose performance in 'A Wednesday' -- a movie dealing with the terrorism subject -- has been widely appreciated also saw tweets from his fans.
"What co-incidence, Ajmal Kasab hanged on Wednesday and your movie 'A Wednesday' dealing on the same topic!" said a Twitter post.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow