Ajmal Kasab: From attack to conviction
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Following is the chronology of events in 26/11 terror attack case in which the Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld the death sentence of lone Pakistani terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab:
November 26, 2008: Ajaml Kasab and 9 terrorists launch commando raid in Mumbai.
November 27, 2008: At 1.30 am, Kasab caught and placed under arrest, admitted to Nair Hospital.
November 29, 2008: All places under siege secured, 9 terrorists killed.
November 30, 2008: Kasab confesses before police.
December 27/28, 2008: Identification parade held.
January 13, 2009: M L Tahaliyani appointed 26/11 judge.
January 16, 2009: Arthur Road Jail selected for Kasab's trial.
February 5, 2009: Kasab's DNA samples match with articles found in Kuber.
February 20/21, 2009: Kasab makes confession before magistrate.
February 22, 2009: Ujjwal Nikam appointed Special Public Prosecutor.
February 25, 2009: Chargesheet against Kasab, two others filed in court.
April 1, 2009: Anjali Waghmare appointed Kasab's lawyer.
April 15, 2009: Anjali Waghmare removed as Kasab's lawyer.
April 16, 2009: Abbas Kazmi appointed as Kasab's lawyer.
April 17, 2009: Kasab's confession opened in court, he retracts.
April 20, 2009: Prosecution charges Kasab on 312 counts.
April 29, 2009: Kasab is major: experts' opinion.
May 6, 2009: Charges framed, Kasab charged on 86 counts, but denies charges.
May 8, 2009: First eyewitness deposes, identifies Kasab.
June 23, 2009: Non-bailable warrants issued against 22 including Hafeez Saeed, Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi.
November 30, 2009: Abbas Kazmi removed as Kasab's lawyer.
December 1, 2009: K P Pawar takes place of Kazmi.
December 16, 2009: Prosecution completes its case in 26/11.
December 18, 2009: Kasab denies all charges.
March 31, 2010: Arguments in the case end. Special Judge M L Tahaliyani reserves judgement for May 3, 2010.
May 3, 2010: Kasab convicted, Sabauddin Ahmed and Faheem Ansari acquitted of all charges.
May 6, 2010: Kasab was sentenced to death by the trial court.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'