Ajmal Kasab hanging: Better late than never, says BJP
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets keep Sunrisers Hyderabad in the hunt
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
BJP today welcomed the hanging of 26/11 Mumbai attack convict Ajmal Kasab but emphasised that his handlers across the border in Pakistan should also be brought to justice.
"Better late than never. Kasab's hanging will act as a balm on the wounds of the people of Mumbai but their wounds are still fresh. They will get relief only when Kasab's handler's across the border are brought to justice," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
He also demanded that Parliament attack accused Afzal Guru be hanged soon to send across a strong message to the terrorists and instill a sense of fear in them.
BJP also welcomed President Pranab Mukherjee's prompt refusal of Kasab's mercy petition.
BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said Kasab's hanging will serve as a warning and a lesson to his bosses across the border.
"The country expects our government to send such strong message and give such punishment to those who have bloodied their hands with the death of hundreds of innocent people," Naqvi said.
This hanging sends a strong message to India's enemies, he added.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow