Ajmal Kasab hanging: Better late than never, says BJP
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
BJP today welcomed the hanging of 26/11 Mumbai attack convict Ajmal Kasab but emphasised that his handlers across the border in Pakistan should also be brought to justice.
"Better late than never. Kasab's hanging will act as a balm on the wounds of the people of Mumbai but their wounds are still fresh. They will get relief only when Kasab's handler's across the border are brought to justice," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
He also demanded that Parliament attack accused Afzal Guru be hanged soon to send across a strong message to the terrorists and instill a sense of fear in them.
BJP also welcomed President Pranab Mukherjee's prompt refusal of Kasab's mercy petition.
BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said Kasab's hanging will serve as a warning and a lesson to his bosses across the border.
"The country expects our government to send such strong message and give such punishment to those who have bloodied their hands with the death of hundreds of innocent people," Naqvi said.
This hanging sends a strong message to India's enemies, he added.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'