Akali leaderís son shoots at student, held
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
In what may put ruling Shiromani Akali Dal, which has been under fire following the murder of ASI Ravinderpal Singh by its general secretary Ranjit Singh Rana in Amritsar recently, in quite an awkward position in the ongoing assembly session, son of a SAD secretary was arrested by Patiala police on Tuesday in an attempt to murder case after shots allegedly fired by him in busy Bhadson market on Tuesday injured one Harful Pathak, a student of RIMT Institutes in Gobindgarh.
Eighteen-year old Hardeep Singh Bhangu, son of SAD district secretary Jarnail Singh Bhangu, was arrested after he along with one of his friends Ankit ó Both students of 10+2 at KK School located on Sirhind Road in Patiala ó were booked under Section 307 IPC (attempt to murder) and under sections of Arms Act.
Patiala Senior Superintendent of Police Gurpreet Singh Gill said Ankit was yet to be arrested and added that their was "no political angle". Hardeep fired shots as he was upset over Harful "staring at him". "It was purely a dispute between the students," he added.
Gill said police would recommend that Arms License of Hardeep's father be cancelled and that law would take its course as per laid down norms.
Hardeep and Ankit, who police said were travelling in a car, allegedly opened fire causing injuries on left arm and left thigh of Harful, who was rushed to Rajindra hospital in Patiala, before being referred to PGI Chandigarh.
A doctor at Rajindra hospital said Harful was referred to PGI after "medial nerve damage in arm caused by bullet injury was diagnosed". The doctor added that Harful had also sustained "some injury" in the thigh. He told that Harful checked in the hospital at about 2:45 pm.
Bhadson SHO said both Hardeep and Harful lived in nearby localities and had some "ego clash that led to the incident".
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'