In Parkash Singh Badal-ruled Punjab, Akalis on rampage, thrash singer
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A Punjabi singer was thrashed by some unknown persons allegedly owing allegiance to Akalis at a marriage function in Mohali, police said on Tuesday.
Babbu Chandigarhia alias Shubash, a local Punjabi singer, had went to attend a marriage party at the lawns of Punjab Cricket Association stadium at Mohali last night.
At the function some youths asked the singer to sing at the function, police said.
However, he refused to oblige saying he was at the function as a guest and not as a singer.
This infuriated the youths allegedly owing allegiance to Akalis who thrashed him.
Police said the guilty would not be spared at any cost.
Meanwhile, sources said the party was organised in connection with the marriage of a distant relative of an Akali leader Balwant Singh Ramoowalia.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’