Akhilesh takes dig at Maya on fund use
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said that his government is using the funds for public welfare schemes, unlike the previous BSP government which diverted these for the construction of statues, parks and memorials.
Addressing a public meeting after distributing cheques of unemployment allowance and Kanya Vidya Dhan schemes in Bahraich, the Chief Minister said, "We have not constructed any stone park and statues. Her (Mayawati's) one statue was damaged and we replaced it with a spare one. We are making better use of the funds by launching public welfare schemes.''
Akhilesh also stated that the Samajwadi Party (SP) government did not believe in making mere announcements. "This allegation has been levelled by opposition leaders that we make only announcements. We are making good use of the money by spending it for welfare schemes. Already unemployment allowance, Kanya Vidya Dhan scheme has been implemented. Soon other schemes as announced in our poll manifesto will be started. SP will fulfill all its poll promises," Akhilesh said.
He also stated that his government was working on improving law and order situation and action has been taken in several incidents. "We will not hesitate in taking action against anyone, we are committed to maintaining law and order," he said.
The chief minister reiterated his government's opposition to FDI in retail "as it will affect the farmers and small traders.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held