Alagiri calls on Karunanidhi
In what is seen in the political circles as a truce, if not a complete rapprochement, within the squabbling family, Union Minister M K Alagiri met his father and DMK president M Karunanidhi at the latter's residence on Tuesday. This is the first meeting between the father and the elder son since Karunanidhi made it open earlier this month that Alagiri's younger brother, M K Stalin, was his choice to lead the party after him. Alagiri was closeted in with the leader for over an hour.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow