Alarm bells after UFO appears over Jamnagar refinery
The Jamnagar refinery's two units have the capacity to process 62 million tonnes of crude annually, which is 27 per cent of India's total refining capacity. An incident at the refinery complex would significantly affect production of oil and cooking gas.
Despite the danger, the refinery continues to be protected only by a 250-member commando unit of the Central Industrial Security Force which provides perimeter security on the side of both the sea and the city.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations