All districts to have crime branch units
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
In an attempt to check crime, state DGP headquarters today ordered setting up of crime branch units in all districts.
Additional Director General (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said Additional SP rank-officers will head the units in big cities, while the posts of circle officer have been created to head the crime branch in other districts.
The crime branch units had already been set up in districts like Lucknow, Agra, Meerut, Noida, Ghaziabad and Gorakhpur and ASPs posted as SP (Crime) in these places.
The ADG said that the crime branch units are divided in four wings for intelligence, detection and investigation, crime monitoring and operations. The intelligence wing will be responsible for criminal intelligence and surveillance while detection and investigation wing will look after special investigation, serious crime cases, financial and fraud matters, cyber crime and dog squad. The crime monitoring wing will concentrate on organised crime, district crime records and juvenile crime, while the operations wing will have a team of Special Weapons And Tactics (SWAT), said the ADG.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations