All sound, no fury: Only two of the 35 councillors come forward, submit their proposals for budget
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
This, despite the fact that Kalyan is the area councillor of sectors 49, 50 and 51 as well as some colonies where residents often complain about lack of development.
Mayor Chawla, however, says that the councillors were given a chance to give suggestions as they have in the past complained of not being able to give their opinion on the budget. He added that apart from two councillors, no one had submitted any proposal.
What the two say
Councillor Satinder Singh has demanded that there should be more focus on primary education and primary health departments that has been lacking. It has been demanded that ways of increasing the revenue receipts of the Municipal Corporation should be looked into. Separate funds should be kept for maintenance and repair of the infrastructure facilities that have been developed.
Councillor Surinder Bahga has emphasized the need for improving sanitation conditions. However, there is no specific proposal for which budgetary allocation has been demanded.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations