Ambulance hits truck, 5 die, patient survives
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Krishnagar: Five persons accompanying a cardiac patient in an ambulance were killed when it collided with a truck in Nadia district. The patient, however, escaped unhurt. Police said a group of six people, including the driver, were taking Jagabandhu Mondal from Lalbagh in Murshidabad district to a Kolkata hospital. The ambulance collided head-on with a 10-wheeler truck on NH-34 at Kapileswar under Haringhata police station and fell into a roadside ditch. While three died on the spot, two others succumbed to their injuries at Kalyani JNM Hospital.Eyewitnesses said the ambulance was moving at a high speed. Driver Ashraf Sheikh (22) was among the dead.
Fake notes seized, one held
Jhargram: Police seized fake currency notes with a face value of Rs 25,000 from one person at Nachhipur village in West Midnapore district. Acting on a tip off, police arrested Ajit Kumar of Kotshila in Purulia district and seized the counterfeit notes.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held