Amitabh Bachchan honoured with India's Prime Icon title
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has won the title of India's Prime Icon ahead of cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar, melody queen Lata Mangeshkar and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Bachchan, 70, was felicitated by actresses Priyanka Chopra and Anushka Sharma at an event here where he was given the title.
"Honoured and humbled that Priyanka Chopra and Anushka Sharma take time out to present me India's Prime Icon of 2012 at CBS/BigFm.
"Prime Icon??!! Gosh that is far too far fetched for me... and to have Sachin, Lataji, Aamir (Khan), SRK (Shah Rukh Khan), Modi, Nitish (Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar)... as contenders," he posted on Twitter.
Bachchan also said that he reached the venue on time, while the attendees were yet to arrive.
"Reached venue on time at 7 pm, and no one there...!! Story of my life... so did a mock speech, mock award receipt and mock left!
"But most importantly the audience had students from 4 prime colleges of the city - IIT, Management School... for a live interview," he added.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations