Amitabh Bachchan sings 'live' at a concert promoting peace
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Bachchan sang the 'Rang De Basanti' song along with music director Aadesh Srivastava at the concert 'Global Sounds of Peace', organised at the Andheri Sports Complex here last night.
"I want to thank the public for attending the concert. Normally the concerts related to films have a different ambience and music. But looking at the presence of people out here I did not know that they like such music too... as it was a little classical," Bachchan told reporters here.
"Performing live is always tough. It involves a lot of hard work. Live music and audience makes it tough," he said.
Setting the mood for peace, the stage was decorated with huge layouts of white swans and balloons.
Celebrities walked down the white carpet instead of a red one as a mark of peace.
Those who came from the industry included noted singer Udit Narayan, filmmakers R Balki and Ashutosh Gowarikar, and actors Ayushmann Khurrana and Kunal Kapoor among others.
Udit Narayan expressed happiness that a concert spread the message of peace.
"It feels very nice to have such concerts. I am so happy that the message of love and peace is being spread through this event. Also, it is great to see support coming in from industry people like Amitabh Bachchan, Aadesh Srivastava," he said.
The show was reportedly earlier scheduled to take place at the Gateway of India on November 26 but had to be cancelled due to the death of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray.
'Global Sounds of Peace' is Aadesh Srivastava's initiative towards spreading the message of peace and love and a tribute to his friends whom he lost during the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
Noted playback singers Sonu Nigam and Shaan also sang live at the event.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow