Amrita Singh to play Arjun Kapoor's mother in '2 States'
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Actress Amrita Singh will be seen playing onscreen mother to newbie Arjun Kapoor in Karan Johar's cross-culture love story '2 States'.
"Amrita Singh has been roped in by Dharma Productions to play Arjun Kapoor's mother in '2 States'," a source close to the project said.
Earlier in Sanjay Gupta's crime drama 'Shootout at Lokhandwala' the 54-year-old played mother to gangster Maya Dolas essayed by Vivek Oberoi. In Apoorva Lakhia's 'Dus Kahaniyaan', she played mother to Minissha Lamba.
The shooting of '2 States' is yet to begin and the makers may start this from February or March.
The film will see Arjun playing the role of a Punjabi boy, while newbie Alia Bhatt plays a Tamilian girl.
Its a story about two people from different states falling in love and the ensuing cultural clashes between them and their families.
'2 States' is directed by Abhishek Verman and co-produced by Karan Johar and Sajid Nadiadwala. The film is based on the novel of the same name by Chetan Bhagat.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM