Amritsar man, relatives held for subjecting minor to sexual abuse
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
The local police have arrested a man, his two sisters and his mother for kidnapping and subjecting a minor girl to "natural and unnatural sex".
The girl was rescued and the accused arrested on Thursday.
The victim, 16-and-a-half years old, was living with her two brothers, uncle and grandmother in Amritsar following the death of her parents, Islamabad SHO Dinesh Singh said. Recently, she was allegedly lured by one Bindu, her neighbour, who said he would get her married to a good person.
"Instead, Bindu handed over the victim to her sister Aman and mother Shindo, who in turn took her to Jhamka village near Makhu and made her spend two nights with Gurpreet Singh (25)," said the SHO. Gurpreet, police said, is Bindu's brother.
"Gurpreet had been divorced twice and Bindu wanted to set his life in order by sending the victim to him," said Singh.
The medical examination of the girl, which was conducted on Friday, has established that she was subjected to "natural and unnatural sex".
"Besides the medical examination, the victim has also alleged that she was subjected to natural and unnatural sex. When we recovered the victim, she was traumatised," the SHO said.
The police were also investigating whether the accused were involved in similar incidents in the past.
According to the police, the girl was taken to Gurpreet on January 26. A case of abduction and rape under IPC was registered on January 30 on the complaint of the victim's uncle.
"After reaching Gurpreet's house, the victim realised something was wrong. She repeatedly requested to be sent back, but to no avail. After we received a complaint, we interrogated Bindu, who admitted that she had sent the victim with her sister and mother to his brother's place," SHO said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow