Anand Sharma wants few tickets changed
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
After creating a suspense over the Dharamsala ticket, there are reports that Union Minister for Commerce and Industry Anand Sharma has been seeking a change in some of the tickets, including Shimla (urban), Kasumpti, Arki and Manali Assembly constituencies. None of Sharma's loyalists, including PCC General Secretary Kuldeep Rathore (Kasumpati) and Kailash Prashar (Arki) have been given tickets, and it is Virbhadra Singh who had managed to get a big share of the tickets in the 68-member lists. Sharma loyalists sitting in Delhi are lobbying for a change.
3 more oral therapy centres in Haryana
Chandigarh: To reduce the prevalence of HIV among drug-injecting users of Haryana, three oral substitution therapy centres will be opened in Panipat, Faridabad and Bahadurgarh, said Haryana Health Minister Rao Narender Singh
Separate education teacher cadre
Chandigarh: A separate teacher education cadre for District Institutes of Education and Training and State Council of Educational Research and Training will be constituted in Haryana. A decision to this effect was taken at a review meeting held under the chairmanship of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Friday.
Khap to discuss age of marriage today
Chandigarh: Haryana's Sarva Khap Jat Panchayat will meet on Saturday to discuss the suggestion to lower the marriageable age for girls to curb the rising incidents of rape in Haryana.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet