Anandi Patel eyes over 140 seats
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Revenue Minister Anandi Patel, who filed her nomination papers on Thursday for Ghatlodia Assembly constituency, said the people of Gujarat will return the BJP to power with more than 140 seats. "A government can be formed with 92 seats, but it will be a big difference and great feeling to form a government with 140 seats," she said at a public meeting before proceeding to file her nomination papers this morning.
She said building a house on a ready base was easy but destroying a base (of Congress) and then build a new structure was quite a task "which our leader accomplished". "Now is time to take it further under their guidance," she said, adding, "This poll gives us a chance to show that 80% of Gujarat is behind our Chief Minister Narendra Modi..."
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet