Anil Kapoor debuts on TV
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
In Slumdog Millionaire, Anil Kapoor played the host in the television program Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? Now, the actor will make his television debut in the Indian adaptation of popular American television series 24. The series will also mark the launch of Anil Kapoor's first television production venture, Anil Kapoor Film Co.
Confirming the news Anil Kapoor said, "While scouting for a perfect partner we were in talks with a couple of leading channels, we chose Colors as we see the right platform that not only had a solid connect with the audiences but also enjoyed the reputation of providing futuristic entertainment. I am delighted that 24 will be aired on Colors, the only channel that can match its stature and amplify its impact. 24 was my destiny, and when I was offered to play a role in the international series, I had decided to bring this show to India. In less than a year I bought the rights to produce an Indian version".
Earlier, Kapoor played the role of Omar Hassan in the eighth season of 24 in the US. In the Indian adaptation, the actor takes on the lead role of Jack Bauer, portrayed by Kiefer Sutherland in the original, who deals with complex assignments which he resolves within twenty four hours.
Karan Mehra tied the knot to his long-time girlfriend Nisha Rawal in Delhi a week ago. But he was back to work within three days after marriage to shoot for Yeh Rishta's... generation leap. While his workload will increase in the coming days, Karan and Nisha have also been finalised for Nach Baliye 5. Apparently, the couple was approached two months earlier, but their participation was recently finalised. Ever since their return from Delhi post-marriage, Karan is not only busy shooting for Yeh Rishta.but has also started rehearsing for Nach Baliye which will be aired after three years. While producer Rajan Shahi admits that he locked the generation leap much before Karan and Nisha were finalised for Nach Baliye, he however will have to accommodate Karan's dates. "Karan's workload has increased as most of the story will revolve around Naitik and Akshara. But some adjustments will have to be done," says the producer. Excited about the project, Karan is confident that he will manage daily shoots for his fiction show as well as rehearsals for the dance show. "I will have to work extra hours. It will be little tough but challenging. I am a good dancer and so is Nisha. It's going to be great fun. Also, it's a great opportunity for both of us to spend time together," he chuckles.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held