Anil stars in GMSSS-26 win
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Chandigarh:Riding high on Anil's brilliant all-round show (117 runs and 4 for 3), Govenment Model Senior Secondary School, Sector 26 (Timber Market) thrashed St Joseph School by a huge margin of 197 runs in the inter school cricket tournament for boys played on Friday. GMSSS-26 batted first and scored a mammoth 244 in 20 overs. Anil punished the opposition bowlers and scored a quickfire 117 off mere 40 deliveries with the help of 16 boundaries and seven towering sixes. Chasing the target, St Joseph were all out for 48 runs. Anil picked up four wickets for mere three runs. Isrsr bagged four wickets for 14 runs.
GMSSS-26 to face GMSSS-19 for title
Chandigarh:Anita and Rajni bowled beautifully while Preeti top scored with 35 runs as Government Model Senior Secondary School, Sector 26 (Timber Market) defeated Dev Samaj School-21 by 18 runs to enter the final of the inter school cricket tournament for girls, played on Friday. GMSSS-26 batted first and were restricted to 99 runs in 20 overs. In reply, Dev Samaj were all out for 81 runs. Anita and Rajni bagged three wickets each. They will meet GMSSS-19 in the final.
Shishu Niketan register win
Chandigarh:Shishu Niketan School registered a 4-0 win over St John's School, Sector 26 in a match in the UT Inter School Football Tournament (U-19 boys) played on Friday. Sahil Thapa scored a brace for the winning team while Jigmet and Harjot netted once each. Meanwhile, GMHS-41 scored a narrow 2-1 win over GMSSS-19 while DAVSSS-8 registered a 5-1 win over Vivek High School.
DPS-40 enter finals
Chandigarh:DPS-40 scored a 2-1 win over DAV Model School to enter the finals in the UT Inter-School Lawn Tennis (U-14 boys) tournament played on Friday. In the second semi-final, St John's School registered a 2-0 win over Ryan International School. In the U-17 category, DAVSSS-15 beat St John's School 2-0 while DPS-40 defeated Strawberry Fields School 2-0, to book a berth in the finals.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow