Anil to lead city u-19 cricket team
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Leg-spinner-cum-batsman Anil Kumar of LIC Cricket Academy has been named captain of the Chandigarh under-19 team for the National School Games cricket tournament to be held in Mumbai from December 26. The final selection was made after a 15-day camp at Sector 19 under coach Dinesh Mongia. Anil trains at Leaders in Cricket Academy being run at Government Model Senior Secondary School, Sector 26 (Timber Market) under coach Rajesh Patha. He was also selected during the open trials held by BCCI at Dharamshala.
Chandigarh carrom teams announced
Chandigarh: Chandigarh Carrom Association has announced the names of the Chandigarh players for the forthcoming 40th sub-junior national and interstate carrom championships to be held at Kolkata from December 25 to 30. The squad for the championships are: Boys: Yishu Sharma, Sahibpreet Singh, Chirag C., Sajan Ahlawat, Nimatanshu, Jayant Malhotra, Mihir Yadav; Girls: Tuba, Manu Gupta, Nidhi Gupta, Sanya Chadha, Ashu Sharma The association also announced the names of the players for the 20th All India Federation Cup carrom tournament to be held from December 25 to 29.
The team members are Mohammad Hassan and Mohammad Talib. Mazhar Khan and Madhu Sharma would accompany the team as manager of the boys and girls' teams respectively. Meanwhile, Anup Gupta has also been nominated as the candidate umpire for the examination being held by the All India Carrom Federation for All India Panel Umpires.
Dodgeball meet from today
Chandigarh: Dodgeball Association of India will organise the Chandigarh State dodgeball championship for boys and girls at Sri Aurobindo School, Sector 27, Chandigarh on December 20 and 21. The teams have been divided into two pools each in both the boys and girls' sections: Boys: Pool A: GMSSSMHC, Sri Aurobindo School, Sec. 27, GMSSS 20D, GSSS, Raipur Khurd, GMS-Kishangarh, GHS-46, GMSSS 19, GMHS 26 Police Line; Pool B: Lion Club, National Villagers, GHS 35, GMHS-Mani Majra, GHS 53,Dev Smaj School, Sec. 21, Gyaneep Model School, Sec. 20, GSSS-MMT; Girls: Pool A : GGMSSS 20-B, GMS-Kishangarh, Prince Club, GMHS-Mani Majra;
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet