Anna Hazare plans to rope in Aamir Khan for his movement
Veteran social activist Anna Hazare is likely to rope in Bollywood actor Aamir Khan for the new phase of his movement, which he plans to launch in January.
Hazare would speak to Aamir in this regard after the actor returns from Haj pilgrimage, said sources close to the anti-graft crusader.
Aamir's hugely popular TV show "Satyamev Jayate" had raised public awareness about various social issues and this perhaps has prompted Hazare to think about roping in the Bollywood star to popularise the subjects he wants to take up as part of his movement, the sources said.
Aamir had shared the dais with Hazare during the latter's agitation in Delhi last year for a strong Lokpal. He had also sent a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh asking the Government to act on the demand for a strong anti-corruption mechanism.
After disbanding Team Anna, which spearheaded the Lokpal agitation, Hazare is in the process of finalising a new team and has spoken about including former Government employees, ex-servicemen among others in it.
According to the 74-year-old Gandhian, besides corruption, his movement will also focus on issues related to farmers and electoral reforms.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow