Anna, Ramdev together for ĎAugust krantií
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
They jointly addressed a media conference here, announcing their August 9 agitation plans in Delhi.
While Team Anna is launching an indefinite protest from July 25 at Jantar Mantar, Ramdev's protest will start from August 9 at Ramlila Maidan. Hazare and Ramdev reiterated their resolve to work together and support each other in the fight against corruption.
"I don't know details about Ramdev's August 9 agitation, but I will be with him," said Anna, adding that the government neither had the intention nor the willpower to bring a strong Lokpal Bill and get the black money back.
Calling his next agitation an "August kranti" (August revolution), Ramdev said as the government had gone back on its previous promises to pass Lokpal Bill and work towards bringing back the black money, the activists had now decided to continue the agitation till action was taken.
He also spoke about the next Lok Sabha elections.
"We don't have any hopes from the present system. As there is enough time for the next election, I will not talk about it right now. Let the time come. We don't know when the elections will take place. It could take place before 2014," said Ramdev.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow