Another Dalit minor girl gangraped in Haryana, two arrested
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
In yet another case of heinous sexual crime against minors in Haryana, a 13-year-old Dalit girl from Rohtak has alleged that she was raped by two of her neighbours about 15 days ago. The accused, Sunil and Sohan, both 20-years-old, were arrested on Friday within hours of the girl's parents lodging a police complaint.
According to the police, the victim, a student of Class 7, told her mother on Friday that nearly 15 days ago she was playing in the fields near her house in her village, when Sunil and Sohan allegedly took her to a secluded area and raped her.
"The victim and the accused belong to the same community and are residents of the same village. Both the accused are well known to the victim's family and must must have taken advantage of the proximity to commit the crime," Inspector Hanuman Prashad, Station House Officer, Sampla police station, Rohtak, said.
The SHO said that SP and and other senior officers met the victim's family and the accused were arrested within three hours. Both Sunil and Sohan will be produced in the court Saturday.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet