Another Delhi braveheart girl battles would-be rapists to jail
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
The ride back home from office turned a nightmare for a 24-year-old woman on Thursday night after she was allegedly abducted by two men, who then tried to rape her in a moving car.
The duo have been arrested and charged with molestation, abduction, kidnapping and causing hurt, police said.
According to police, the incident took place in Aman Vihar in Outer Delhi around 10 pm on Thursday. The woman was on her way home. She came out of the Nangloi Metro station and was boarding a share-auto when the two men — identified as Kuldeep (24) and Deepak (20) — came there in a car.
In a statement to the police, the woman said the car was being driven by Deepak while Kuldeep sat in the rear seat.
"Kuldeep pulled the woman inside and Deepak sped away. The girl tried to shout for help but when she realised that it was impossible for anyone to hear her, she jumped out through the window. In the process, she sustained injuries on her ankle," a police officer said.
A passerby, who noticed the woman lying on the road, rushed her to Sanjay Gandhi hospital. Doctors said the car's tyre had run over her feet and she sustained injuries to her ankle. The passerby also informed police about the incident. Subsequently, a case was registered in Sultanpuri police station.
On basis of names and descriptions provided by the woman, police started a search for the two men.
Six teams were formed to locate them and drivers of share-autos operating in the area were also questioned for any possible leads on the men.
"We arrested Kuldeep from near Metro Walk Mall. Based on information provided by him, Deepak was arrested from Nangloi. During questioning, we came to know that woman was known to them. Kuldeep was interested in her but after she rejected his advances, he became upset and hatched a plan with Deepak to abduct her," the officer said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations