Another sting by TV channel, woman held
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians continue to lose wickets
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A woman was arrested on Friday from Sector-16, Rohini, following a sting by two television reporters who claimed to have filmed her "involvement in a sex racket", police said.
A case under Immoral Trafficking (Prevention) Act has been registered against her at K N Katju Marg police station.
"A team of reporters of A to Z news channel received information on November 15 about a sex racket in Sector-16, Rohini. They went to the woman's house posing as customers and a deal was struck for Rs 2,000. But the woman suspected that the two reporters were recording the conversation. She threw them out of her house," a police spokesperson said. The two reporters alerted police about the racket.
This is the second incident within a week when A to Z reporters allegedly have carried out stings trapping women.
"We had to register a case solely on the video clipping provided by the two journalists. No other piece of evidence pointed out to the woman's involvement. It would have been better had they informed police in advance and we would have conducted a joint raid," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer), B S Jaiswal said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held