Another traffic cop beaten up for asking to stop vehicle
Constable Desraj was regulating traffic near Transport Chowk when he Alaudeen approaching the chowk in speed and asked him to stop, following which a scuffle broke out between the two and Alaudeen began to slap the constable
A traffic police constable was allegedly beaten up by an auto-rickshaw driver, after he asked him to stop his vehicle near the Grain Market in Sector 26 on Tuesday.
The accused identified as Alaudeen, 35, was a resident of Bapudhaam Colony, an officer said. A case of assaulting and voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant in discharge of his duty has been registered against the accused.
According to the officer, "Constable Desraj was regulating traffic near Transport Chowk. He saw Alaudeen approaching the chowk in speed and asked him to stop, following which a scuffle broke out between the two. The argument turned violent as Alaudeen began to slap the constable".
Desraj informed the other traffic police officers posted in the area and the accused was caught and handed over to the local police. The case is being investigated.
Recently, a number of incidents involving traffic constables being assaulted, while performing their duty, have been reported in the city. On September 14, a traffic constable on-duty was hit by a 29-year-old man, after the constable asked him to stop his car near Airport Light Point.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow