Antoine helps Real Sociedad draw with Valladolid
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Real Sociedad forward Antoine Griezmann and Valladolid midfielder Patrick Ebert led their teams to an entertaining 2-2 draw on Monday in the Spanish league.
Sociedad went ahead against the run of play at Valladolid's Jose Zorrilla stadium when Griezmann volleyed his first goal from a loose ball in the 36th minute.
Ebert deservedly equalized for the hosts two minutes before halftime. After coming close with a pair of on-target attempts, Ebert slipped a low right-footed strike from outside the area just inside the upright. Sociedad improved after the restart, and Griezmann blasted in a long-range shot to re-establish his team's lead in the 57th.
But Ebert helped pull Valladolid back again in the 75th with a lobbed pass for Oscar Gonzalez to head home his fifth goal of the season and split the points. Valladolid goalkeeper Daniel Hernandez had to scramble back to tap Jose Angel's attempt from his own half over the bar to ensure the draw in added time.
Sociedad earned its first point away from San Sebastian in five outings. "We needed to break our losing streak," said Sociedad coach Philippe Montanier. "We played a great game, we had various chances. For us the draw is good, but we leave a little disappointed after having come so close right at the end.''
The Basque side is in 14th place, three points from the relegation zone after a shaky start to the season. Promoted Valladolid has only one victory in its past seven games. It is one point ahead of Sociedad in 10th place after nine rounds.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'