Antony quiet on VIP copter deal
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Defence Minister A K Antony Wednesday avoided a direct answer to whether the government had changed technical specifications in a 2010 contract to buy 12 VVIP helicopters. The deal has come under the scanner for corruption charges that are being probed by the Italian authorities.
Responding to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Antony said the technical specifications were finalised prior to the issue of the Request for Proposals in September 2006 but he did not elaborate on whether there were any changes.
He only said that after the RFP was issued, there were no changes. "The technical specifications have not been modified since the issue of the RFP in September 2006," he said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations