Anupam Kher attends SAG Awards with Robert De Niro
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
- Hamid Karzai to seek Indian military aid amid Pakistan row
Actor Anupam Kher, who plays Doctor Patel in David O Russell's Oscar nominated 'Silver Linings Playbook', attended the 19th Annual Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards ceremony here.
The ensemble cast of the Hollywood film Robert De Niro,Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Chris Tucker and Jacki Weaver shared the table with Kher and his actress wife Kiron.
Kher was nominated along with the star cast of 'Sliver Linings Playbook' in the best film ensemble but the award went to 'Argo'. Lawrence won the best actress trophy for her performance in the film.
Kher, 57, who is getting ready for the big Oscars night in LA on February 24, says he is ecstatic with his wonderful journey as an actor.
"Every time I've crossed to a new level of film acting the film has been a breakthrough project. My first Hindi film as a leading man was Mahesh Bhatt's 'Saaraansh' which immediately established me as someone who knows the craft.
"My first British film was Gurinder Chadha's 'Bend It Like Beckham' which was a huge international success. And now my first American film 'Silver Linings Playbook' is a roaring success. 'Silver Linings...' has proved a golden opportunity for me," he said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet