AP in commanding position against Tripura in Ranji trophy
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Andra Pradesh put themselves in the driver's seat today after dismissing Tripura for 260 in their first innings and then posting 154 for no loss at stumps on the second day of the Ranji Trophy Group C match here.
For AP, Tekkami Atchuta Rao (3/41) and Paidikalva Vijaykumar (2/49) snapped two wickets each on the second day to shoot out the visitors for 260 after they resumed their first innings at an overnight score of 228 for six here.
The hosts then returned with a solid batting display as openers D B Prasanth and HH watekar scored unbeaten half centuries to take their team to a commanding position.
Prasanth hit nine fours and one six in his 192-ball unfinished stay at the crease, while Watekar took 193 balls for his unbeaten 57 and had four boundaries in his innings when the stumps were drawn today.
Tripura used as many as seven bowlers but they failed to make any breakthrough at the Rural Development Trust Stadium here.
Brief Score: Tripura 260 all out in 107 overs (S Abbas Ali 103; T Atchuta Rao 3/41)
Andra Pradesh: 154 for no loss in 63 overs (DB Prasanth 80 not out; T K Chanda 0/34).
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held