Apex court upholds mandolin player Srinivasís divorce
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The Supreme Court has approved renowned mandolin player U Srinivas's divorce with his wife U Sree on the ground that he was treated cruelly by her. Holding that Srinivas has proved his case of mental cruelty for seeking divorce, the SC Bench, however, asked him to pay Rs 50 lakh to ensure his wife lived with dignity and comfort.
"It is established that the husband has proved his case of mental cruelty... we conclude and hold that the respondent husband has rightly been granted a decree of divorce," the Bench said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow