- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
"2. It is now quite clear to me especially after carefully reading the contents of paragraphs 2 & 3 of the order dated 20.9.2012 of this Hon'ble Court (quoted above) that what I wrote in the article by way of attribution was my lack of understanding of what was stated in the Court on that day.
"3. The impression given to the Court by the Article and so expressed in the order passed by this Hon'ble Court on 20.9.2012 that it tended to lower the dignity of the institution and to bring the entire institution of the Judiciary to ridicule in the eyes of the public and also to shake the people's confidence in the independence and integrity of the institution was furthest from my mind or intention. I unhesitatingly apologise for my total lack of appreciation and understanding of all that was said in Court on 19th September 2012.
"4. It is only in order to show my bona fides and to demonstrate that my intention was not at all to misreport or distort anything that happened in Court on that day that I enclose in a sealed cover, to be handed over in Court for its perusal, a verbatim record in my own handwriting (handwritten notes of seven pages) taken down by me in a notebook used by me for Court reporting along with a clean typed copy (transcript)."
"5. It is reiterated that this is not in any way by justification of what was written in the article in The Indian Express dated 20.9.2012 but only to remove from the mind of the Hon'ble Court any impression that I was attempting in any way or endeavouring to distort or misreport the proceedings. I unqualifiedly apologise for the impression given which is recorded in the fourth paragraph of Your Lordship's order dated 20th September, 2012 (also quoted above) and I humbly pray that proceedings may not be initiated against me under the Contempt of Courts Act 1971."
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held