Apple: Himachal records produce at 2 crore boxes
The total production of apple in Himachal Pradesh stood at two crores boxes of 20 kg each in the current season, up about 65 lakh boxes over last year.
"This is about 65 lakh boxes more than last year's 1.40 crore boxes, Horticulture Director Gurdev Singh said. Traders in the Dhalli apple market near here said apple has been kept in cold storages by the growers and against normal flow of 1,000 boxes per day only 200 boxes are reaching the market and that too from tribal Kinnaur district and some places in high altitude areas.
The apple production was all time high at 8.92 lakh tonne in 2010 but it was an exception. It came down to 2.75 lakh tonne in 2011 and stood at four lakh tonne last year.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow