Are Ranbir-Imran-Shahid Bollywood's New Trinity?
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Imran Khan can breathe easy. With two back-to-back hits, Delhi Belly and Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, he has done his bit for the year. Now he can sweetly bide his time till the Kareena Kapoor starrer Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu hits the screens early next year. The pressure is off him.
This week, all eyes will be on Shahid Kapoor and his Mausam. Save Kaminey – where he came up with a bravura performance – and the average Badmaash Company, his career trajectory has been relatively slow paced. Dil Bole Hadippa, Chance Pe Dance, Paathshaala and Milenge Milenge didn't do much for his equity. It's credit to Shahid's immense popularity that these films have not dented his star value. Mausam, which is being directed by his father, Pankaj Kapur, has an epic romantic feel to it and it's a film that Shahid has given a lot of time, effort and energy to. The recent controversies regarding the Air Force sequences and the one-week delay in the film's release has only increased the buzz. Right from his debut flick, Ishq Vishk to Vivaah and Jab We Met, Shahid has proved his lover boy mettle. The girls love him and he makes a dashing Air Force Pilot, at least from what we can see from the promos. Mausam should bring the lover boy back in the big league.
Then there's Ranbir Kapoor in Rockstar. The expectations from the Imtiaz-Ranbir-Rahman collaboration are huge and by the looks of it, they seem to be on the right track. The theatrical teaser hits the bull's eye, the punch line song, Sadda Haq, is already a viral hit and Ranbir's chemistry with newbie Nargis Fakhri is looking good. Ranbir's already established himself in the A league and Rockstar will only consolidate his status.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held