Arjun Kapoor to feature in Hindi remake of Telugu action film 'Okkadu'
Following the footsteps of biggies like Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgn, 'Ishaqzaade' star Arjun Kapoor too will be taking a remake route to give impetus to his Bollywood career.
Arjun will be acting in the remake of 2003 Telugu action film 'Okkadu', being produced by his father Boney Kapoor.
"Yes, I am doing the remake of 'Okkadu' with my father," Arjun told PTI.
Gossip mills are abuzz that Sonakshi Sinha will be paired opposite Arjun in this film. When asked about this, Arjun refrained from divulging any details.
"All other details about the film will be announced at an appropriate time", he said.
'Okkadu', originally starring Mahesh Babu, Bhoomika Chawla and Prakash Raj in the lead, was a superhit and had been remade in Tamil, Kannada, Bengali languages.
It is reported that the Hindi version of 'Okkadu' will be directed by the duo of Abbas-Mustan.
Arjun will be seen in Aditya Chopra's 'Aurangzeb', along side Sashaa Agha, Prithviraj, Amrita Singh, Jackie Shroff, 'Gunday' starring Ranveer Singh and Priyanka Chopra, and Sajid Nadiadwala's 'Two States' with Alia Bhatt.
Arjun was critically acclaimed after his electrifying performance in his debut film 'Ishaqzaade' opposite Parineeti Chopra. Some trade pundits even believe that Arjun has the potential to carry both commercial and off beat cinema with ease and conviction.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow