Arjun Munda govt collapsed due to divorce between BJP and JMM: Lalu
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The Arjun Munda government in Jharkhand has collapsed due to 'divorce' between the ruling coalition partners, RJD chief Lalu Prasad said on Wednesday and demanded that the Assembly be put under suspended animation.
RJD has five MLAs in the 81-member Jharkhand Assembly.
"The Arjun Munda government has collapsed following divorce between BJP and JMM," he said.
The best possible scenario will be that the state Assembly should be put under suspended animation for the time being so that the option of formation of a secular government could be explored, he said.
The BJP-led government in Jharkhand collapsed after coalition partner JMM withdrew support to it on Monday. Chief Minister Arjun Munda yesterday resigned and recommended dissolution of the Assembly.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet