Army Jawan hangs self over failed love affair
Depressed over a failed love affair, a sepoy with the Indian Army committed suicide at the residence of his beloved at the police lines in Ghatkopar on Friday.
The deceased, Amol Landge (28), is a Sangli native, and had come to Mumbai to visit a female constable who stays in police lines.
When he did not come out of the bathroom for a long time, the constable found him hanging from the grills of an overhead window.
She called the police and Landge was rushed to Rajawadi Hospital in Ghatkopar where he was declared dead on arrival. Inquiries indicated that Landge took the extreme step as he was unable to marry the constable.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow