Army man spends fourth day on 200-feet-high mobile tower
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
An Army man, who climbed a 200-feet-high mobile tower alleging harassment, refused to come down for the fourth day today, adamant on his demand to speak to Defence Minister A K Antony over his complaints.
K Muthu, who is attached with Engineers Regiment, climbed the tower at Ajmeri Gate around 1 PM on Friday and refused to come down till late night despite appeals by police and officers of Army, a senior police official said.
The 35-year-old sepoy in Army said he wants to meet the Defence Minister.
Colleagues from his unit are taking turns to be with him atop the tower and trying to convince him but in vain.
Hailing from Tuticorin district of Tamil Nadu, Muthu has alleged he was transferred five times in five years.
On Friday, he had thrown a bunch of papers and in one of the letters, he demanded discharge from service due to alleged harassment of seniors. In the letter, he has also requested the commanding officer to get his salary cleared of last eight months.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'