Army soldier commits suicide by hanging himself
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
An Indian Army soldier committed suicide on Wednesday after being fed up with his physical disability, a police official said.
Police said that Ajay Kumar (33), a resident of Anand district in Central Gujarat, was posted in Vadodara and had a slight physical disability in his legs.
His left leg, a police official said, was operated upon at the Army hospital in Vadodara before being shifted to an Army hospital in the Shahibaug Cantonment area.
Last night, he left hospital premises and hanged himself at a nearby construction site, the police said.
The body has been handed over to his family members, the police said, adding that they have registered a case of accidental death.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet