Around town : Vintage car rally tomorrow
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
About a 100 cars and motorcycles will participate in a rally organised by Vintage and Classic Car Club of India Sunday morning. The rally will be flagged off at Horniman Circle. Participating vehicles will drive to Ballard Estate, Colaba, Marine Drive, Pedder Road, Worli, Shivaji Park, Dadar, Five Gardens and back. The first entry this year was of a 1931 Chrysler of Maharao of Kutch now owned by Madan Mohan of Delhi, said organiser Nitin Dossa. A Darracq model of 1905 would be the oldest car of the rally, he said. The vintage car rally happening for over 50 years in Mumbai is known to draw several Bollywood and corporate personalities.
Maid falls to death from 20th floor
Two days after she went missing, decomposed body of a 16-year-old Assamese maid was found on the awning of a multi-storey building along Jogeshwari-Vikhroli Link Road Friday. Police said Hemali Das fell from 20th floor of Oberoi Towers and landed on concrete. Having come to the city for first time on February 3, she was unhappy and wanted to return to her parents. "Das was pushed or jumped off the balcony of the house. We are recording statements of her employers and have informed her parents," said Bhimrao Jadhav, senior inspector, Meghwadi police station.
Sweeper held for sex assault on boy
A railway colony sweeper was arrested Friday for allegedly sexually assaulting an eight-year-old boy. Police said the sweeper, Khalil Mehboob Shaikh (25) of Behrampada in Bandra, saw the boy at Bandra station at night and lured him with food. He took him to the terrace of building 210 in the colony in Kherwadi at 3 am and assaulted him. The sweeper has been booked under IPC and Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012, and the child sent for medical examination.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow